National wholesaler JJ Food Service has announced the winners of its Independent Takeaway Awards 2019 for customers that have online ordering websites with FOODit.
The UK-wide awards cover 10 categories including the ‘Best Vegan’ as well as the ‘Most Popular’, ‘Best Unique Dish’ and a newly introduced ‘People’s Choice Award’ judged entirely by customers votes via Facebook.
Head of Operations, Richard Bradshaw, said, “We want to say a massive well done to our takeaway customers who work tirelessly to market themselves online, serve great-tasting food and maintain the highest levels of service and and food hygiene.”
Judges were particularly impressed with Hirds Family Fisheries in Leeds who won ‘Most Unique Dish’ for its deep fried chorizo and pesto sauce.
Meanwhile voters in Basingstoke and Skegness took to Facebook to vote for Lowford Fish Bar and The Marina Restaurant to win ‘People’s Choice’ Awards, respectively.
Winners receive framed certificates, £50 to spend on FOODit marketing, free coffee training day with Lavazza Coffee and ‘Gold Winner Stamps’ to add to their website. Most winners have a five-star Food Hygiene Rating and use the FOODit online ordering platform.
This is the first year the FOODit Awards have introduced a dedicated vegan category.
And the winners are…
- Most Popular Takeaway – Rawcliffe Pizzeria, Goole
- Best Curry Takeaway – Wuli Wuli, Camberwell
- Most Unique Dish – Hirds Family Fisheries, Halifax (Chorizo fries with pesto mayo)
- Most Highly Recommended Takeaway – The Chip Inn, Whitwell
- Best Pizza Takeaway – Edlington Grill, Doncaster
- Best Vegan Menu – Cedar Lebanese Restaurant, Wimbledon
- Best Seafood Takeaway – Seagull Fish Bar, Birmingham
- Best Noodle Takeaway – New Ruby, Belvedere
- People’s Choice (existing customer) Lowford Fish Bar, Southampton
- People’s Choice (new customer) The Marina Restaurant, Skegness