Restaurant website builder FOODit, a JJ Food Service company, has launched the FOODit Independent Takeaway Awards 2018 to commend its most popular takeaway customers.
The UK-wide awards, launched for the first time this year, cover 10 different categories which recognise the Best Individual Dishes as well as the Most Popular, Most Highly Recommended and Most Loyalty Generating takeaways and restaurants. The initiative is also the first of its kind to recognise ‘Healthier Options’ in the UK takeaway sector.
Winners receive framed certificates, £100 each to spend at national food wholesaler JJ Food Service and a free coffee training day with Lavazza Coffee. All winners, listed below, have a five-star Food Hygiene Rating and use the FOODit online ordering platform.
Head of Product, Paul Sharp, said, “We’ve launched the FOODit Awards to say a massive well done to the takeaways who work so hard to satisfy customers, serve great-tasting food and maintain the highest levels of service and food standards.”
Restaurant Owner of Wraps and Wings, Arshad Farook Khan, winner of the Healthier Option Award, said: “Our Go Healthy menu helps diners to treat themselves without piling on the calories.” The steamed-then-grilled chicken options help to reduce fat while locking in nutrients and flavour. The concept will be applied to other categories in future.
And the winners are…
- Most Popular Takeaway: Golden Cod, Doncaster
- Best Healthier Takeaway Options – Wraps and Wings, London (Go Healthy Menu)
- Most Highly Recommend Takeaway – Grill & Bake House Fishponds, Bristol
- Most Loyalty Generating Takeaway – Rawcliffe Pizzaria, Doncaster
- Best Curry Dish – Mandarin Garden, Wellingboroug (King Prawn Curry)
- Best Grilled Dish – El Kervan, Kent (Exclusive House Special Mix)
- Best Pizza Dish – Pepinos Pizza, Gorseinon (BBQ Pizza)
- Beast Seafood Dish – Seagull Fish Bar, Birmingham (Battered Plaice)
- Best Noodle Dish – Wuli Wuli, Camberwell (Special Fried Noodles)
- Best Newcomer – Po Thai, Ashford
Winners were based on sales and customer data accumulated via the FOODit platform over the past 12 months (December 1st 2016 to December 1 2017). The Healthier Option Award was decided at the judging panel’s discretion – dishes were scored on levels of saturated fat and calories and how easy the menu made it for diners to identify healthier options. For more info on FOODit visit: www.foodit.com